Copyright © Trends and Transitions
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, July 20, 2014

Of Insurances and Infographics

Lately I've been thinking about getting another insurance, (something that I have yet to discuss with my husband). He thinks that the life and medical insurance coverage by both our companies and the VUL that I have with SunLife should be enough for now since we're still paying for our house and since we haven't moved in, we are still paying for our rent. But I just totally disagree. Call me the disobedient wife. Haha 

There's no better time than the present, right? Besides, I'm already 31 and before I know it, I'll be 40. Stop. [Train of thought too scary]. I am also thinking about getting a memorial plan but I have yet to talk to an agent about that.  A friend is helping me find one.



I am still looking and considering all my options but St. Peter is probably the most popular company that offers "deathcare services" - yep, got that phrase from their official website. Morbid? I know but I did my research and I have a friend who got it for a loved one and I am beyond convinced of the wisdom of getting coverage not just for me but for my loved ones. So, I found myself searching for information even on Pinterest. Haha [Just another excuse to spend time on Pinterest].
 
Yes. I love infographics! Being the visual person that I am, my brain is just hardwired to recognize and appreciate pictures and any form of visualization of data much better. That is also why I like Pinterest and Instagram. Hehe Anyway, I found these really nice infographics to help me decide on the insurance that I am going to get next. I currently have a variable life insurance policy that has an investment component and I am looking to get something that won't be redundant. As I did my research, I 'stumbled' on very informative and easy to understand infographics that I know will help me decide. I am thinking health insurance and maybe a pre-need plan for Epp's college education.

My current insurance, which is a Sun Maxilink Prime is open for an additional 'rider' of a Hospital Income Benefit that pays a daily hospital income in case of hospitalization of the insured, but my friend doesn't recommend it. She'd rather I get a separate and dedicated individual HMO which could provide a much better coverage. Yay! Great insight. Thank God for knowledgeable friends. At least I know now how to proceed.

By the way, here's the description of the Sun Maxilink Prime coverage straight from the Sunlife website.

Sun MaxiLink Prime
The Sun MaxiLink Prime is a peso denominated variable life insurance plan that provides financial protection PLUS a potential source of savings that can fund future needs like retirement income through its investment earnings. There are 5 funds to choose from where your premium payments will be invested in. These funds are managed actively and prudently by our top-notch investment professionals. Sun MaxiLink Prime is payable for at least 10 years*

 

* The premium paying period is not guaranteed. You may be required to pay additional premiums after 10 years if the fund value is insufficient to pay charges.

 As for my own research, I'd like to share a bit of history of where all these came from. Talk about getting to the bottom of it. Haha Okay, that's the history buff in me talking. I found this on the Brighter Life website and  soon after that I've subscribed to their mailing list. :) I will let the infographics do the talking. 

Infographic Source







Infographic Source

Don't get disheartened if you see the amount (in dollars) on the next infographic. There's just very minimal infographics that are available out there that reflect local scenarios. Maybe I should teach myself how to create infographics. Haha Yes, maybe I will. :)

Infographic Source

Infographic Source

Infographic Source








0 comments:

Post a Comment